Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Weekly Poor Farm BTS

The woods in Ashland are still covered with snow, so to protect the trails today's BTS ride was again a Hanover Country road ride.  I did a 24 mile loop, but this time routed it through some major hills.  Included were Fire Training Hill (on Winston Road, which borders Poor Farm Park), and one of the 3 sisters (the notorious 3 big hills just leaving Ashland on Blunts Bridge Road).

Well it wasn't below freezing today, but the wind was incredible!  In a cross wind I had to lean to the side to prevent from being blown over.  I (luckily) started out in a headwind so could finish in a tailwind.  It's interesting how psychological training/riding is- in the headwind I was feeling dark thoughts about Monster Cross this weekend, wondering if I am ready, why do I race, etc., then in the tailwind I felt so strong I had thoughts of "Man, I should have registered for the full 50 miles instead of the 22 mile Mini-Monster".

The point-requisite photo below.  Yes, I'm hiding behind my Jeep- I didn't want the Town of Ashland employees next door to think I'm vain...

No comments:

Post a Comment