Tuesday, February 4, 2014

BTS #11

Well, at first I was feeling a little guilty about leading a weekly BTS ride in the middle of a typical work day, as I know many people probably can't make it.  But then I figured not all of us work banker's hours, right?  And I also looked at Todd's and Jeff's points, and there is no way I can pass them this Winter! 

I know myself, and by saying I'm leading a weekly ride, I will go out and ride no matter what.  For instance today, the start of the ride was gray, overcast, damp, cold, and windy.  I would have never ridden on a day like this on my lunchbreak let alone packed my bike in the morning.  I would have gone home and done a half-hearted 1 hour trainer ride.  I had even brought Tom's rain jacket for biking in case it rained.  So BTS#11 occurred!  By my lonely self.  But it was a beautiful 23 mile ride through the nice farmland of Hanover County, lots of hills and scenery.  I know I got a much better workout than I would have on my trainer!  And the sun came out during the ride which was nice.

Had to go for the extra points and post a picture.  Keep in mind I do not have a smart phone (frugal/stubborn issues), so I brought my old digital Rebel and positioned it on the hood of my Jeep and luckily remembered how to take a picture with the timer.  Hence the tilted image, but doesn't it look kind of artsy?

No comments:

Post a Comment