Thursday, February 20, 2014

BTS#21 Is it spring yet?

Todd and I met up at West Creek and it was uncharacteristically pleasant... No ice, no snow (on the road) and temps about 60F!

I reflected on how much easier it was to get ready for a ride when you don't have to put on layer after layer. No toe warmers to fuss with and I did not mind getting dressed outside of the car. It's been a while since I could basically just get on my bike and go, and that felt great!

The weather was nice enough that bats were out and one in particular seemed to be following just overhead of me. That's weird because bats usually fly around like huge moths on crack darting around nonexistent light posts. This one was odd, flying basically in a straight line with me. Maybe it's the high pitch squeals and noises emanating from my neglected derailleur pulleys...

West creek had it's typical pockets of warm and cold air and it felt nice to work up a sweat.

I pulled us around and played a little cat and mouse with a fellow rolling on a time trail bike. We caught up with him for a bit, and then he lit it up and pulled out sight. Seemed like he got on 288!

Towards the end of lap five I had some good burn going on in my quads and we finished out a solid set of laps. Back at the cars I noticed how the parking area was still surrounded by gravel encrusted icebergs left by snow plows almost a week ago.


Is it spring yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment