Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow ride or no ride??!!

I do believe I'll take the snow ride. I started out the day Wednesday pretty determined to ride at Westcreek but things don't always go as planned. Jeffro had expressed some concern for the impending  doom of snowmageddon and let me know that he wouldn't be there to pull me around this week. Shucks!!!

My oldest son River got off the bus coughing telling me how awful he felt. He's been coughing a little since Monday, but today it sounded a little tighter. He was looking kind of pale so I felt his forehead hmm kind of warm. A thermometer confirmed. We called the pediatrician "sorry we're closing early" WTF??? OK kidmed(patient 1st for kids) here we come. No wait sweet! Might just make the six o'clock ride time after all. Tests came back positive for strep!!! We head to walgreens for the drugs. It seems there was a mad rush for drugs!!! We had to wait quite a while. Finally we were heading back to Manakin from Shortpump. Driving conditions were declining rapidly!!! Getting off the Westcreek exit at approx. 6:10 the place was total chaos!!! Cars backed up as far as the eye could see to get on 288 south. I started questioning my plan to ride there at this point. I only live about 3 miles from there so the driving to get there didn't really worry me.  Competing with that many inexperienced snow drivers on a bicycle did!!!(car vs. bicycle no contest)
Anyway upon walking in the door I got a friendly call from walgreens to let me know they forgot some of his prescriptions. BAM, back on the road to Shortpump. Uhhgg!!!(Did I mention I kind of loathe the area?) Dejavu slow drive from Manakin to Shortpump and back.At least River wasn't in the car w/ me on this trek.  Made it home safely by 8!!!

Time for a snow ride!!! I suited up, got my lights and out the door I went. There are a couple miles of walking trails and horse trails in neighboring communities that were fun to ride all snow covered at night!!!


It wasn't exactly what I planned but it was a lot of fun, a heck of a lot safer and destressed me after a pretty stressful afternoon! Hey when life hands you lemons... well I'm sure you know the rest...
Look at that smile, totally destressed

1 comment: