Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fresh Tracks

SnowRide BTS points?   I was headed to the library anyways so.....

I dusted off the sled and headed out to get some fresh tracks.
The slopes were a little crowded at Meadow and Cary despite the heavy precip.

But Floyd Avenue was nicely groomed and I had the whole run to myself, straight to Cabell Library where they were letting it snow inside for some reason.

I dug into some seismic structural design for a few hours until they shut the place down.
On the way back to my hood the groomers were getting a little tracked out and icy so I practiced my long distance skids and then hit the alleys in search of untouched powder stashes.


Conditions were all time as I traversed over to Byrd Park for some off trail powder shredding.


After a few laps my feet were feeling the chill so I headed back to the house for a footwear change and the dog.  We went back out for more laps around the lake and stayed out until snow changed to ice around midnight.



Good snow times, and the most saddle time I've gotten in a while. 





  

2 comments: