Saturday, February 15, 2014

Training with fat tires on the road and cobbles



Today’s ride looked a little bleak at 11:00am. There was still a fair amount of rain rolling through and it felt pretty chilly outside.

A quick check of the radar showed the system blowing out of town so I geared up and headed for Dogwood Dell. No one else from the team joined me by the bark park, so I headed across the nickel bridge to meet up with David Reid, Denelle, and Joe Fish.

When I got to Denelle’s I realized Brandy was there for the ride rocking out  proper Design Physics race kit. Now we had a solid crew together.

The 1st two hours of the ride was spent heading out on Riverside Dr. to Cherokee and finally Old Gun. We turned around at Robious Rd. and made an out and back climb detour on Cheyenne.

There was still a lot of snow on the ground and the roads were sandy with potholes and lots of snow melt run-off. As we made our way back to Forest Hill Park, the call of Crossroads coffee lured us in for a nice break from the cold and some much needed comfort food.

 
Joe, David, and me split off to ride another hour or so through the city including the flood wall and a climb up the cobbles next to Poe’s Pub.

We finished up riding through the canal walk and Browns Island and took the Manchester bride back to Riverside to finish things up.

It was a great day for a training ride and the sun made it out just towards the end of it.

I’m glad I stayed off the trained and got to spend the day making the best of conditions with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment