Saturday, February 8, 2014

Great team BTS ride



What a great early morning BTS ride!

Rolling into the parking lot I saw more team jerseys than I had planned on. Tom F. was the only confirmed rider, and Jason B. was a maybe. So I was pleasantly surprised to see Tom, Jason, and Dave H. suiting up and getting for a chilly ride.

We rolled out and within a few hundred feet we witnessed the carnage from other people riding the fire roads that were obviously to muddy. In some spots it looked like a roller derby with baby carriages had blown through! That’s what happens when a bunch of cross bikes roll through inch deep mud.

This morning the roads were much drier and we got bounced around by all the grooves left from what I’m guessing was last Sunday’s muddy Sunday. We skipped the Bright Hope / Horse side of trails because I suspected they would be too muddy.

The four of us knocked out a solid 23 miles and then Tom and I went out for a second helping to get a total of 38 miles in.

I felt much better as I finished off my Red Eye from Starbucks and headed home for the days chores.

It was great to have a good team presence and I’m glad we all got to ride together.

Next up… Pantani!

No comments:

Post a Comment