Monday, April 20, 2009

Tree vs. Bike....

So I realized at the Poor Farm race Sunday that when you hit a tree head on.. The tree will ALWAYS win.... Go figure....
So I was trying to make up some time through the flats. Just past the gravel fire road there was a slight.. and I stress slight right hand bend, a tree on the right, and a really big tree on the left. I clipped the first tree then hit the second, bigger tree head on. Tacoing my front wheel, flipping end over end, hitting the ground hard and then flipping side over side. Finally stopping against the ground and another tree.
I was lucky enough that the rider behind me in my class stopped. Tried to help me up, and when realizing that I couldnt really stand went to get help. However it took him about another 3 miles before he found anyone. By that time I was able to get to my feet and walk me and my bike outa the woods.
Walking through the woods and back to the parking lot/start finish line, my bike and front tire seemed to be a big hit, people asking me to stop so they could take pics and just take a look. When I arrived back at the parking lot I ended up seeing Joe and Greg. They quickly, without hesitation offered me their bikes and front wheel just to get me back out on the trail to finish my race. Unfortunatly between the time it took me to get back to my feet, and get to the parking lot there wasnt enough time for me to finish the race before they had to start theirs...
So to Joe and Greg, thank you. That is just another reason why I enjoy being a part of the Design Physics Race Team.

1 comment:

  1. Dude: that sux...sorry to hear that. I saw you during one of my laps but didn't know your day ended that way.

    ReplyDelete