Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday's BTS part A

I called this BTS Part A because I assume there will be a blog for part B...Tom Richeson and I went to join Jeff Plassman at Poor Farm Park at 8:30am today for his BTS, and he never showed!  As it turned out he had e-mailed us that he couldn't make it but we didn't get the e-mail in time.  But, it got us out of the house early to get our ride behind us, something we may not have done otherwise since it was only 22 degrees when we left the house.  It made for good riding though, the wet spots at the park were frozen solid. 

I think though that Tom was disappointed to get stuck riding just with me, since I am slower than Jeff; he was hoping to have someone to play with.  Tom and I rode together for over an hour, then split ways so that he could go a bit faster.  We ended up out there for about 3 hours, but part of that was spent fixing a flat I had.  We had put on my new Rocket Ron tires last night with Stanz, as I wanted to try them out before the State Championships next weekend.  Something happened and the front tire lost the bead.

But it was a pretty day, we saw the herd of deer about 4 times.  I was thinking the trails at Poor Farm must drive them crazy, as the trails are so twisty..."The Humans are coming straight at us!  "No wait, they're going away from us!"  "Now they're coming at us from the opposite direction!"

Here is a picture of Tom with his new bike, a Giant XTC Advanced 27.5 1, with his new Industry Nine Wheels.  He loves his new bike!

On the drive out of the park we passed Jeff driving in and talked to him, he had missed the morning ride due to work.  Happy BTS part B Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment