Monday, March 3, 2014

JV Team...

Headed out to Poor Farm to meet up for the 11am BTS ride.  I joined Plassman, Toddy G, Tom R & Tyler for the ride.  I knew I was in trouble as soon as we left the parking lot...  Plassman was leading the group, barely scratching zone 2 and I was already in zone 5 sucking wind.  I felt as if I had been sitting on the bench for the JV team and got called up to varsity to play with the big boys.  As exciting and fun as the opportunity sounded (and it was), the reality is that I am not prepared to play with them at the moment.  Coach Jeff has mastered the trail system out at Poor Farm and links together the trails like a point to point race!  He had a solid gameplan which did not seem to include time to breathe.  After an hour or so we headed back to the cars for a water break and that is when I opted out of the two-a-day schedule.  It was fun to play with the big boys but a reminder that I need a lot more practice time before I can hang. 

BTS bonus for the day were free DPR t-shirts for those who showed up for the ride. 

Headed back out for round two.

No comments:

Post a Comment