Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chill start to 2014 BTS series

Toddy G and Me kicked off the BTS series with a frozen ride at West Creek. Starting at 6:00pm was nice since the traffic was down and I had plenty of time to wrap things up at work.

We started the ride at or below freezing, and the temps dropped from there. No one else was out there, not on a bike or running.

We dodged a spot of black ice after riding by the icy lake.

The face mask I was wearing kept my face comfortable, but I looked like I was going to rob a bank.

Photo: Todd G.

It's been a long time since I rode a bunch of freezing laps at West Creek, but good company kept things rolling along. I think Todd's thermometer read 25F when we wrapped things up. I drove home with the heat blasting and my toes finally got warm after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment