Wednesday, January 29, 2014

BTS#8 Snow and Ice at Westcreek

Last night the temps dropped and we got a lot of powder snow everywhere.



I didn't pack my bike and gear into my car this morning, I was running a bit behind after cleaning the cars off and had to head out.

I thought that Todd my cancel the west creek ride, but I decided I should check. I didn't want to get punked by missing the ride and watching Todd roll off with double points again!

After checking with Todd I decided to go back home and get my bike, and all my winter gear.

It took me about 15 minutes to get all geared up and head over to west creek. When I got there, I noted that the road was half covered in compacted snow in lots of places.



Todd arrived and we rode the first lap fairly gingerly checking the traction and noting the 20 deg temps.
There were  patches of ice and snow everywhere and one side of the lake was frozen and covered in snow.

Good thing we decided riding mountain bikes was the way to go.

We knocked out a few more frozen laps and finished when the cold was creeping in to much and the bikes started picking their own lines through the increasingly icy snow covered sections.



It was more fun than I expected and not quite as dangerous as I thought.

Thanks Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment