Wednesday, February 22, 2012

BTS #26, West Creek

Well what a beautiful night for a night ride, with a large Design Physics crowd.

It started off a little shaky- in the parking lot before the ride I was showing David my new Industry Nine i30 wheels. He astutely noticed the front wheel was flat as flat can be. He asked if I needed help and I said “I’ll try it”. (He was having flashbacks of that flat I had last winter in the same parking lot, where he changed my tire in 25 degree weather and froze his fingers off. ) So I struggled to get the tire over the rim for about 5 minutes then sheepishly asked him for help, again. He very nicely changed the tire. I think I owe him some cookies at this point?

So the group started off. There were:

Myself (Sonya)
David Reid
Jeff Plassman
Todd Green
Jason Broussard
Thom Flynn
Shannon Bush
Joe Fish
Jim Fisher

The group eventually settled into a single-file pace line, going at a good clip. I was struggling on the hills to keep up but was staying with them ok. Then at about 2.5 laps into the ride, an attack happened, then someone’s wheel overlapped. Todd and I backed off (well ok, maybe he did, I don’t think I could have kept up anyway). We eventually caught up to Shannon and Jim. Todd pulled off to take a phone call I think, then Jim, Shannon and I got into a nice rhythm doing a revolving paceline. That was going fine and then at the 180 degree turn after the start of lap 3, my front wheel flatted again, luckily I didn’t crash as my bike felt like it had a mind of its own. Everyone offered to help me change it which was nice, but at this point I thought I’d call it a night and look for the culprit of the flats at home in the light. Shannon nicely rode next to me as I walked back to the car.

So on the drive home it started sprinkling, I wondered if my teammates were getting wet and getting bonus points…

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you tonite. Sorry about your flat. I hear my tail-light was REALLLY bright. Typical FNG, right?!?! We just missed the rain... loaded the bikes as it started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ride was a bit shaky for sure. Not sure the cause.

    Sorry about the flat, that always sucks.

    ReplyDelete