Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kicking It Off: BTS #1

Paul and I kicked off the BTS series on Tuesday with a traditional Run/Ride/Run.  It didn't seem right to be kicking off the winter riding series with temperatures over 50* with no winter riding gear needed.  I can remember last season's BTS events having to worry about frozen bottles on almost every ride; this was not a concern last night.  I was more concerned with being over dressed with just a thin baselayer on.

The pace this night was more social then anything.  Buttermilk was damp making the rocks very slick and sketchy.  Coming down the rocky chute under the Nickel Bridge was interesting to say the least with both front and rear tires skidding the entire way down.  The lights were clicked on once I reached North Bank, which was surprisingly dry.  There is something about riding at night, the trail that was once familiar is now much different.  This carries over to trail running at night as well.  I have grown tired of running on the road, but trail running has renewed my interest.

The event was rather uneventfull with just Paul and I making it out so no photos were taken.  Hopefully BTS #2 tonight at West Creek will draw more riders. The temperature should be just about right for a BTS ride hovering just under 40*.  Winter riding gear will be essential.

3 comments: