Monday, January 30, 2012

BTS #7

It was with with a sense of impending woe that I set forth for BTS #7. I have been fighting off this sinus infection for weeks now, and as much as I need the exercise and the weather was near perfect, the sheer amount of over the counter drugs that I had ingested hours ago in hopes of being able to breath, had me seeing double and on the verge of passing out.
I arrived early in hopes that I could get a quick spin in to clear the cobwebs, but alas I was not early enough...

Kylan rolled up and the pre-ride palaver began. Roger pulled in dressed as a civilian, which elicited comments from both Kylan and I, but like Clark Kent, Roger ducked into his and car and in a flash emerged as Sattler Man!

Next Plassman arrived, and I while I was pulling the last of my crap together hoping to soon pull my self together, I over hear Plassman tell his war tale from the previous days ride. I couldn't quite hear it, but it sounded horrific.
I had to go investigate...
And let me be the first to say- Bravo! It certainly put my ill feelings in perspective! So I put my nuts back on and got ready to ride!

At this point there were all kinds of riders suited up and ready to go- 11 or 12 I think. We rolled out to towards Forest Hill to meet up with Jason and Mason.

Considering how long a train of riders we had and how many hikers were on the trails, we all kept a decent pace and stayed pretty smooth.
The trails were in great shape, a couple of wet low spots, but other than that it was a great day to ride.
We hit all of JRPS, rolled back towards Dogwood Dell and then opted to try the fresh trails the RA.MORE cut in there.
Other than being fresh and soft, I think these new trails are going to be a lot of fun. I am not sure we found all that was in there, it seemed pretty short...

If I remember correctly, the group ride consisted of:

Me
Roger
Kylan
Jeff P
Jeff F
Jesse
Emily
Sonya
Shannon
Byron
John
Jimmy F
Jason H
Mason
And another Jason maybe?

The after party was at Moshi Moshi
How I love me some Saki!

Hh- out

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget in the list Jimmy Fisher and Jason! I had a great time too, it was nice riding with a big group of us and thank you all for waiting up occasionally!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have joined you guys. Tough weekend with illness for me.

    ReplyDelete