Saturday, January 29, 2011

BTS #4

As expected, BTS #4 was a rather poorly attended event. Just Jeff and I showed up for the fire road burn. With all the rain recently, even the fire roads were sloppy in parts and felt much like riding through mashed potatoes. The resistance level was crazy!

Jeff and I muddled our way around the park for around 3 hours. I had to bow out early as I felt really tired and just didn't have it today. I think Jeff got in some extra credit on this ride with a few more hours or so.

All in all a good ride for sure. Unfortunately we didn't see the 52* promised by the local weatherman, but a significant improvement in temps compared to Thursdays ride. Glad we stayed off the singletrack. Couldn't help but notice a group of 4 other riders that didn't head proper trail etiquette and had bikes covered in mud. Guess the Friends group will be cleaning this up in the spring.

You guys have fun tomorrow and I will see you Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment