Wednesday, January 5, 2011

50.50 Scab Report

Five of us started the Scab ride with little idea of where were headed, just with the knowledge that it would be a long day. We were not disappointed. Joe, Tom and myself were among the team members who showed with Casey and Brad completing the group.

Unfortunately the day started with a flat for Joe.

The morning was very overcast which made for moderate temperatures. The views over the river as we cruised down Riverside were amazing!! Nice fog over the river. I don't think my poor camera from my phone would have done these views much justice, but I did grab one quickly while Joe was fixing his flat. You can see the river in the back ground. I must say, the forecast was way off and this was a very nice time to be out on a bike.

Fortunately the snow and ice was gone from the road, but the sand and dirt left behind made us all look like we had just ridden a muddy CX race at the end of the first 50.

We met Jason back at Tom's place to change, add layers, and get some food for the second half. We lost one rider before leaving Tom's place, and another dropped 15 miles or so into the second 50. So Tom, Joe, Jason and myself finished this ride alone.

Sorry, no pics of the second half. The temps dropped dramatically and the rain moved in. Honestly, I felt like turning back and calling it a day after 20 miles or so into the second 50. I think we all shared this temptation at one point or another by the time we were done.

All in all, an awesome ride. Can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment