Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Hoo Ha Experience

I had a great time at the Hoo Ha. I had watched others do it last year and had told myself I would do it this year. It was quite an experience! I knew it would be a long climb, but when at 4.8 miles we were still climbing I was shocked. I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest and that I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I had always heard of the dreaded "rock garden" on the ridge, but the whole ride up was so rocky I kept asking the guys around me "is this the rock garden?" "Is this the rock garden?" like a little kid. The actual rock garden ended up not being any more rock gardenier than the trip up! Coming down was a blast, I had fun on the banked corners. And did I mention the mud yet? Tons 0 mud! And lots of stream crossings! Lots of different trail to experience. Much to my surprise I placed first in my Sport category, my first Sport win! Many thanks to Tom, Jason, Lin, and Joe for hanging out until I got my award, they were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment