Monday, December 17, 2012

Virginia CX Finals at Forest Hill Park

I have been told for over a year now that I need to try cross racing. Of course this was quickly followed by a story about how much of a beat down it is. Well, both of these were right. I was missing something by not trying cross racing sooner.

Imagine riding at the limit of your anaerobic threshold for 45 minutes, yep it is tough. I have done a few power tests at Endorphin Fitness which includes a 20 minute max effort so I had an idea what I would be in for, but not certain what 45 minutes of this effort would do to me. I have heard of people throwing up during these power test, seen people hurling during the many endurance races I have entered, and now seen people hurling during CX races.

CX racing was very cool and I plan to enter several additional races next season. It isn't XC racing, but it is a nice place to test yourself during the off season. Anaerobic threshold is something I need to work on and I can't think of a better way to challenge my fitness.

Thanks to Jim Fisher for joining me as the only other DP rider out there. Hopefully there will be a few other team mates joining me next season.





No comments:

Post a Comment