Sunday, April 15, 2012

FORD #1


Design Physics Racing headed up north for great day of duathalon racing. The sky was clear and the temperature was mild. Representing the team Lisa, Paul and myself (Joe).
The team represented the Richmond area with some solid finishes, Lisa 3rd and Paul 2nd in their respected categories, and I took the overall win. Big thanks to FredEvents and all the others that make these events happen.
Entering into the FORD I was fully confident in my fitness but was unsure what the competition would be like.
The race started with a hard pace, I concentrated on staying within my comfort zone not worrying about small gaps opening up. I finished fourth off the first run and figure I had two racers to worry about since the leader was racing in shorts and a tee-shirt I was sure to put big time on the MTB.
The bike portion went great except for a small crash. I past all three ahead of me within the first mile or so and recognized my main competition was one other racer (who I never got his name).
The effort wasn't easy but wasn't too hard either and I felt like the race was mine. At the end of the MTB portion I was in the lead by around 5 minutes over second.
The second run went well overall and at the finish I added around another minute on second place.
Another great day of offroad racing!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Joe! Putting 5 minutes on someone in those hard trails is very impressive!!

    Congrat to Lisa and Paul as well. Great way to represent.

    ReplyDelete