Sunday, September 25, 2011

FORD #2

FORD #2 was awesome this year.  The weather finally cooperated, and the trails were in great condition.  Seems like this is rare as it is the norm for the trails to be wet and/or muddy.

Two of the DP crew rolled into the Quarry trails with high hopes of bringing in some VORS points.  I was not aware that Matt Juaneza was going to make the event, but decided at the last minute to participate in the beginner field after missing the Stamped the day before.  We discussed before the event that neither of us had really done much running this season, but I assured Matt that this race is usually won on the mountain bike.  This proved to be a normal FORD with Konrad really mixing in some tough climbs with the mountain bike portion of the event.  Matt and I both felt pretty good as he was rocking the Giant Anthem and I on my Stijl.

Matt and I took full advantage of the mountain bike portion allowing us to win both of our races.  Matt won the beginner course and I took the advanced distance win.  I have been close to winning before, but this was the first time I was able to snatch victory!  It felt good.

1 comment: